Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dusk till dawn

It’s the middle of the week but I’m still getting over the blues of last Friday. It started as a quiet night at Clement Hill Hotel. That place has a ballistic dungeon bar. Its one of those places you go to when you are tired of the usual Kampala crowd. The place is full of cooperate guys. Since am few steps away from the ladder, I insisted on mixing with the crowd. It was amazing the booze was being brought in crates; I managed to fluke free beer. Trust me; nothing tastes better than a free beer. The night was getting cold; we decided to party indoors all the way. On a Friday, indoors was definitely the disco. We decided to go to club silk. Honestly it's the guys who decided,I was going with flow.

By the time we got to silk, everyone around me was speaking in tongues. This time it wasn’t the Holy Spirit, alcohol was in the midst. Lounge and Oxygen were on fire. They were playing fine old school music. Its fun watching some of Kampala’s cream grooving their heads off. That’s the thing with Silk lounge and Oxygen you rub shoulders with the guys you read about in the papers. Next time I plan to go there with my CV, damn the CEOs were more than the drinks.
We danced until 5 am; time does really fly when you are having fun. Looking at the crowd, one would think the night had just started. As were leaving the club, someone suggested Phatboys. I know 5am! They say if you can’t beat them, just join them.
I swear Ugandans can party. phat boys was full. People were still drinking like crazy. We hang out at phatboys until 7am. I love my country.

1 comment:

  1. And while you were having your blast some PGB guy was busy losing his money and later shooting people for it. This happened at Top bar on william street.

    ReplyDelete